A shorted electrical circuit was to blame for a fire that displaced 13 people at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre on Thursday night.
Firefighters got the call at around 7:15 p.m., and arrived at the Highway 6 North property to find light smoke in the crawl space of a two-storey dormitory.
Fire crews found the fire burning in the spray foam insulation of the crawl space, and they managed to put it out, keeping the smoke contained to the first floor in one wing of the building, a news release said.
There were no injuries to emergency responders or to the residents, who had evacuated themselves from the building.
But 13 people were displaced and had to spend the night in a hotel.
Damage is estimated at $15,000.