The defending national champion University of Guelph women’s rugby Gryphons open their 2012 Ontario University Athletics season tomorrow (Wednesday).
Guelph hosts McMaster at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Here is a look at when other fall Gryphons sports teams open their seasons, and when they play their home openers.
• Men’s rugby: Guelph kicks off its new season Wednesday when they host the Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks at 7 p.m.
• Football: The Gryphons were to open their season on Monday, after the Tribune’s early holiday deadline, against McMaster.
This Saturday, Guelph visits Windsor for a 7 p.m. game. The Gryphons home opener is Sept. 15 when Waterloo visits for a 1 p.m. game.
• Baseball: The Gryphons host the Waterloo Warriors on Sept. 12 at Hastings Stadium to start their season. Opening pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.
• Cross-country: The Guelph cross-country team heads to Kingston on Sept. 15 for the Queen’s Invitational. On Oct. 13, they host the New Balance Vic Matthews Open in Guelph.
• Golf: The Gryphons are at the Carleton Invitational on Sept. 16. On Oct. 1, the Gryphon Invitational takes place at Cutten Fields.
• Rowing: The Gryphons compete in the Western Invitational on Sept. 15 and host the Guelph Invitational on Oct. 20.
• Swimming: Guelph is in the Waterloo Tri-Meet on Sept. 30 and hosts the OUA Sprint Invitational on Oct. 13.
• Men’s lacrosse: Guelph is at Toronto on Sept. 8. They host Laurentian on Sept. 15 at 5 p.m.
• Women’s lacrosse: The Gryphs are at Toronto Sept. 15. Their first home game is Sept. 29 when Queen’s visits at 4:45 p.m.
• Men’s soccer: Guelph was to open its season over the weekend with two games. They host UOIT this Friday at 6 p.m.
• Women’s soccer: The Gryphons were to kick off their schedule with a pair of games on the long weekend. They host UOIT this Friday at 8:15 p.m.