Local food is on the menu as Taste Real’s Farmalicious regional dining event returns to Guelph and Wellington County.
Farmalicious kicks off July 20 at The Randy Badger on Highway 6, north of Guelph.
The event runs weekly until Oct. 11, with chefs at a variety of local venues serving up local, in-season produce, meats, poultry, breads, eggs and other home-grown delights, a news release said.
The chefs are supporting local farmers and producers by creating special week-long menus that put local food in the spotlight and on the plate, it said.
The event jumps to a different restaurant each week. The following is a list of dates and locations:
• July 20 – The Randy Badger, Highway 6 north of Guelph
• July 27 – Orchard House Gourmet, Guelph
• Aug. 3 – The Harvest Table, Parker
• Aug. 10 – Woolwich Arrow Pub, Guelph
• Aug. 17 – Borealis Grille & Bar, Guelph
• Aug. 24 – Cork Restaurant, Elora
• Aug. 31 – La Cucina, Guelph
• Sept. 7 – Envers of Morriston, Morriston
• Sept. 14 – Fifty West Restaurant & Bar, Delta Guelph Hotel
• Sept. 21 – Brew House on the Grand, Fergus
• Sept. 28 – Drayton Chop House, Drayton
• Oct. 5 – The Breadalbane Inn, Fergus
• Oct. 9 – The University of Guelph